This is one of the simplest treats I know how to make. Rich, dark and just-the-right-amount-of-bitterness chocolate is melted above gently simmering water and then spooned into whisper-thin rounds, dotted with sugared-hazelnuts, pistachios, rose turkish delight and sea salt. These little chocolate snaps are the perfect after-dinner sweet to end the night with.
100 g good-quality dark chocolate
2 tbsp hazelnuts, roughly chopped
½ tsp caster sugar
2 tbsp pistachios, shelled, roughly chopped
2 squares of good quality store bought rose turkish delight, chopped
Sea salt flakes, to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Place hazelnuts on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove the hazelnuts from the oven and scatter over caster sugar. Return to the oven for a further 1 minute. Remove from oven. Set aside.
3. Roughly break up the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water – don’t let the bowl touch the water – heat until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Remove from heat.
4. Line another baking tray with baking paper. Spoon little round disc shapes of chocolate onto the baking paper.
5. While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle over the hazelnuts, pistachios, turkish delight and some sea salt flakes.
6. Place the tray of chocolates into the fridge for 15-20 minutes until set, then carefully transfer to a serving plate. Serve.