This cheeky, fresh new take on Tabbouleh will blow your little super-foodie minds. Completely raw, vegan, and piled high with ingredients that are guaranteed to have you bouncing off the walls and ready for anything the day has planned for you.
Cauliflower and apple are grated and tossed together with purple kale, parsley, plump goji berries, and sweet blueberries and cherries. Lightly toasted pecan nuts and sunflower seeds give crunch and everything is brought together with a light coconut oil and apple cider vinegar dressing.
Happy New Year to each and every one of you. Here’s to a happy, healthy and love filled 2014.
¼ cup pecan nuts
¼ cup sunflower seeds
½ head cauliflower
1 cup finely chopped purple kale
½ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
½ cup blueberries
2 tbsp goji berries
½ tsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup cherries, pitted, halved
Olsson’s sea salt flakes
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place the pecan nuts and seeds onto a baking tray and pop into the oven to toast until lightly coloured – approximately 5 minutes.
3. Using a box grater, grate the cauliflower into a large bowl.
4. Using the same box grater, grate the apple into the same bowl as the cauliflower.
5. Add the finely chopped kale, parsley, and blueberries and toss to combine.
6. Place the goji berries in a small bowl of warm water to rehydrate and plump up – approximately 3 minutes.
7. Drain the goji berries and add to the salad bowl.
8. Mix together the coconut oil and vinegar and drizzle over salad. Add a pinch of salt and toss well. Taste, adding some more oil and vinegar if you like.
9. Pile the salad onto a serving platter and scatter over cherry halves. Serve.